I am a huge fan of limited edition releases by musicians. I have always been drawn to and collected colored vinyl, and limited edition packaging for CD’s and LP’s. I think this started when I got a job at Street Side records in Kansas City and was exposed to limited edition copies of records that were sent out as promotional items to the stores.
This limited edition of Peter Gabriel’s “Scratch My Back” designed by Marc Bessant, is absolutely stunning.Limited to 500 copies world-wide, the Album is available exclusively through Peter Gabriel’s website. petergabriel.com
Marc Bessant has done an exquisite job with the design of the visual materials here with an attention to detail that is carried through the entire package. He has employed solid materials and processes to create something that really looks special, and has a “limited number”, feel to it.
The relese features the following.
- 4gb USB key containing 96khz/24 bit studio quality audio of the album, housed in a high density laser engraved foam tray.
- Blood Red, 180gsm heavyweight 12 inch vinyl pressing of ’scratch my back’
- The Special Edition double CD of the album, presented in a case bound full colour and gloss laminated 10 inch cover
- 12 inch square print of the album cover, printed on the 352gsm Mohawk Superfine Ultrawhite Smooth stock, signed and numbered in pencil by Peter Gabriel
- Foil blocked and numbered Certificate of Authenticity