As I sit here waiting for my Olympus OMD to ship from Amazon, I keep wishing I had played the Mega Millions lottery. If I had won, I could have flown first class to Japan, picked up the new Oly, and then skipped on over to Europe to grab a new Hasselblad Ferrari edition camera. I know it costs $30,000, but when you are worth mega millions 30k is chump change.
So what does 30 large get you? It buys a limited edition camera with a 40 megapixel medium format sensor. produced in a limited edition of only 499 cameras, and done up in Ferrari red. (Ferrari “Rosso Fuoco”). It comes with an 80mm prime lens and the camera is housed in a special display box with an engineered glass top. The case also features a luxurious lining, dual storage layers, and the distinctive Ferrari Racing Shield.
It does not come with any super models to photograph. It won’t make you Richard Avedon. It will tell everyone that sees you shooting with it, that you have scads of money and very little sense.
What’s in the box…
- An exclusive hand-made glass topped case specially designed for the Ferrari camera. This attractive case features a luxurious lining, dual storage layers, and the distinctive Ferrari Racing Shield.
- A specially designed camera strap.
- A Ferrari Welcome Brochure that includes a customized Inspection Certificate.
- A Phocus Quick Software DVD made specifically for the Ferrari Edition.
- A hand-signed personal Welcome Letter by Hasselblad Chairman and CEO Dr. Larry Hansen.