GoogleFiber competitor: ‘Bring it on’ – Kansas City Business Journal.
Wow, this just goes to show the arrogance of Time Warner Cable. It’s precisely this kind of arrogance, combined with what really is a bad product that will have so many jumping off the Time Warner band wagon. They really think they can compete? Anyone that reads my blog, follows me on Twitter, is in a Google+ Circle, or is my friend on Facebook, knows the kind of connectivity hell Time Warner Cable has put me through in the last year. I can’t believe I am the only one that gets just god awful service from these guys.
Telling Google to “Bring It” is pretty damn funny. Maybe they will be laughing out of the other side of their mouth come this time next year.
I won’t be posting today, since Time Warner Cable’s Internet service is down. It’s not that I can’t post, I just find it hard doing so from my phone.
After a total of an hour on the phone with tech support/customer service this is what I can tell you:
• Time Warner Cable is the worst ISP in America.
• Time Warner Cable Customer Service is one of the worst I have ever dealt with.
• Time Warner Cable is a ripoff. I’m paying for a service that functions at speeds slightly better than dial up more than 50 percent of the time.
• Time Warner Cable’s customer service rep lied to me about when a tech could make it to my house to fix the problem.
• That lie cost me a $1500.00 job. Time Warner’s “Give a Rip” factor is non existent about this.
• My Internet has been out for 24 hours now. Time Warner Cable won’t offer any compensation for the outage, money lost, inconvenience, and don’t seem to care that they are going to lose me and all my neighbors to Google Fiber when it rolls out in the spring.